Monday 16 February 2009

Debut

   The best thing I can do in starting this endeavour is not to pretend it's anything more than it is. There aren't any overarching grand schemes or attention whorish hopes and the subtext is (hopefully) not self-celebration

   Saying that I was subtly encouraged to start this is simply a more palatable way of expressing that "Some of my good friends are bloggers", although that, at least, is true. It might also be because I once told a girl who actually does write that I wrote as a form of catharsis and at least one of my lies may as well come true, also. What I think I'm looking for is a sort of open dialogue. I'm the kind of man who would talk out loud to organise his thoughts every day if he was so inclined, although I don't because I can't count on passers-by to talk back

   So, with that roundabout admission of thinking too much (a personal flaw) out of the way, I'm starting this because sometimes I become obsessed. There's about 200 vinyl albums and singles sitting in my room that remain unsold. A comic book collection that snapshots the 90's and early 2000s as published by the market leaders of DC and Marvel and the independents that sought for footholds in their wake. An interest in dapper dressing that's resulted in a wardrobe large enough for two lifetimes and a desire to explore my personal style until it tips over the edge. And an inexplicable affinity for the odd, the offbeat and the obscure

   If I can't just talk out loud, I may as well write it up and see if a dialogue ensues. Here goes nothing

   B

No comments:

ShareThis