Wednesday 23 June 2010

I'll Be Dressing Down

   Like Beard before it, this is a hirsute example of my daily ensemble style in Accra:


   Existing in an environment such as this, with only around 4 months of climate variation over a year, places quite the personal scrutiny on my summerwear

   This is the assessment and I'll be unprolix for once:

   I'm lacking for a dependable cycle of dress and casual trousers for the duration. Were there any reliable and gifted trouser cutters in the city, this would be rather minor an issue. I can, at least, count on finding alterations tailors for my shirts, since I've dropped some weight and don't believe in the aesthetic benefits of draping a tent around my upper body

   The subdued approach as seen above, however, I'm more than comfortable with

   Soon, Paraders, I aim to show off more of my print shirts; the most stylish garment category for the sweaty days of hot living

   In the meantime, all are free to suggest wardrobe remedies. I'm sure the PR agents that alert me via e-mail to their clients' collections must have a few ideas on summer elegance

2 comments:

SouthernProletariat said...

Coming over from ADG's blog...my condolences on the summer situation. I live in the deep south of the USA, and we have warm weather from April to October, so we are in a similar situation. I would ask ADG for men's suiting options, but as I recall some lighterweight poplins, linen (of course), seersucker, and the like are good options. Best of luck in this period of your life!!

Barima said...

Thank you very much, both for your visit and for your insights

Even if I'm not always thrilled with the results, I can still bear with it. I've become better at avoiding the destruction of my trousers, so at least I'm not burning through my threads at speed

I'll be looking into more lightweight suits in due course

All best,

B

ShareThis