Friday 6 May 2011

A Wake

   

   Popular culture is perpetually at a stage where its degradation is marked by the passing of its figureheads perhaps as much as the dwindling of the culture itself. And at this time, I'm not certain we are superseding those luminaries with anyone better

   That said, I may just be venting from having memorialised more interesting dead people than I'd like on this column over the last year. But the thought persists, nonetheless


   For the most part, I could possibly muster more energy on these performers if I spent more time with my age 18 and below relatives. But they keep asking me to pay for the MP3 downloads and sing into their hairbrushes with them. I might look like I am made out of money, but I will only ever accommodate them on one of those requests

   It's the latter, in case you were wondering

   I think that for now, I will stick with the dissections of the old school, thank you. At least the past  can still feel perpetually alive

2 comments:

Mxolisi Ngonelo said...

The first pic couldn't be more spot-on. The caption even more so qualifying. I try my best to steer clear of the teeny bopper music movement. It seriously can't getting any worse. At home I'm always bumping my old music, just so my kids know what time it is.

It doesn't get any better than the originators.

Barima said...

I just love that photograph; I'm using it all over the internets

However, I can't deny that I enjoy Britney's output - it's quotability and danceability that I unashamedly enjoy

BON

ShareThis